Little Big Adventure 3: The Stellar Entity Genesis is a project for a sequel to the saga from its creators. The idea has been around for a long time, but the game is not in production yet.
After the creators recovering the copyrights for the saga, a series of events have been planned towards the eventual production of the third game. First, remakes of LBA and LBA2 will be made to test new ideas (The first remake, which consists of a mobile version of the game) has already been launched on March 16th of 2014).
Currently, the creators are working on another project: 2Dark, to be released in 2016.
This are the facts that have been released for the game:
- The game will feature Twinsen and Zoé's son, called Arthur
- The sub-title is The Stellar Entity Genesis, or a-like
- You'll be able to control more than one character (Twinsen, Zoe and Arthur)
- All of Twinsun will be available in the game
- The game will at least be released on the PC
- The game will be more realistic, but still keeping the LBA style
In December 15th of 2015, DotEmu released some new LBA "studies" on their facebook page, which were given to them by Didier Chamfray. They say in the post that this doesn't necessarily mean a possible LBA3 in the future though.